Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pants

I've just recently started wearing non-maternity pants again. On the one hand it feels good to be in regular-person-jeans again. But on the other hand, it's such a hassle to have to deal with a fly to get them on and off! Why aren't all pants elastic waist-banded?

Now, I'm still not wearing my pre-pregnancy "skinny jeans." Rather, I'm wearing the "transition jeans" that I bought one size up just after I started to show and before maternity pants were completely necessary. I can actually squeeze into, and even zip up, my skinny jeans. But they are so low-cut and so tight that a nice big roll of pregnancy belly-skin hangs over the top of them. It's oh-so attractive. I look like one of those people on What Not to Wear who is so proud that they still fit into their jeans from high school, but for whom high school was 20 years (and 30lbs) ago.

I may never wear the skinny jeans again. By the time I can really fit into them I'm sure they'll be out of style. And that's OK...it's just a reason to go shopping for some new ones. :)

No comments: