Monday, February 12, 2007

Better Than a Fake ID

Even though I am 30, I almost always still get carded when purchasing alcohol, especially at this one liquor store near UMass. When I was pregnant, I sometimes would and sometimes would not have to show ID. Even when they did not ask for it, I could tell the cashier was usually sizing me up, deciding whether to card me.

Not today. There wasn't even a thought in that cashier's mind about carding me. I'm thinking this was due to the 6-week-old baby in my cart. Now, of course you can have a baby before you are 21. But somehow it seems unlikely that underage mothers would be out buying bottles of shiraz.

Anyway, I'm thinking this could be how Tai earns his keep around here. I can rent him out to underage folks who want a "free pass" at the liquor store. Just bring him with you and act like you're his responsible, over 21, parent and no one will question you. The ad practically writes itself! Any takers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I think you have to buy Shiraz.

DUUUUDE! Party on, break out the full-bodied new-world red, dude!